Terms and Conditions of Return
The right to return products shall be deemed correctly exercised once the following conditions have been fully met:
• we invite you to correctly fill in and submit either the online Return Form* or this alternative Form (which you may post or email to us) or return the products by going directly to a Store within fourteen (14) calendar days from the date of your receipt thereof, or, if at the time of the purchase you selected the “Collect In Store” option, within fourteen (14) days of the date of the order was picked up at the Store;
• the products have not been used, worn, washed, modified and, in any case, compliant with the requirements detailed in the section on Compliance Checks below;
• the identification tag is still attached to the products with the disposable seal;
• the products are returned in their original packaging;
• the returned items must be shipped back to the Vendor within fourteen (14) calendar days from the date you notify us of your decision to cancel or should you choose to return the products by going directly to any Store indicated on www.dunhill.com, they must be given to the sales assistant within fourteen (14) days from the date the products are received;
• the products should not be damaged. Should you decide to return the products by bringing them to any Store indicated on www.dunhill.com, therefore without waiting to mail them from your home, you will not have to incur any costs and it will be not necessary to fill out the online return form. It will be sufficient to present the products to the sales assistant at the Store along with the original packaging, pre-stamped label and the order summary note contained in the packaging within fourteen (14) days of receiving the products. The sales assistant will package the products so that they can be sent to the Vendor. The sales assistant shall merely remove the products and package them, but will not check that the products conform to the conditions indicated in the Terms and Conditions of Sale. Delivery to the sales assistant is thus not equivalent to acceptance of the return by the Vendor, who shall check that the return complies with the terms indicated in the Terms and Conditions of Sale as soon as the products have been received at its warehouses, and shall then inform you via e-mail if the return was accepted. Without prejudice to the above, in terms of acceptance of the return, whenever you have made payment of the order with cash on delivery, and you wish to obtain a reimbursement directly to your current account, you’ll have to indicate your IBAN to the sales assistant so that it may be entered with your personal information.
If you have fulfilled all requirements set forth above, the Vendor shall refund the entire price for the purchased products. Should you decide to use the courier indicated by www.dunhill.com in the online Return Form, you will not have to take care of the return shipping costs upfront, which are at your expense. In this case, www.dunhill.com will pay the return shipping costs for you and will deduct from your refund the cost of return postage. However, if you choose to use a different courier or other postage method for your return, you will have to pay for the return shipping cost upfront and at your own expense in accordance with our returns instructions. Other than as set out herein, you will not incur any fees as a result of your request for reimbursement.
You will be notified if the returned products cannot be accepted because they are not compliant with the conditions indicated above. In this case, you may choose to have the products delivered to you at no expense to the Vendor. If you refuse the above delivery, the Vendor reserves the right to retain the products and the amount paid for your purchase of the products. Without limiting the paragraph above, the cancellation right set out above does not apply to:
(a) sealed products unsealed by you following delivery, where return of such products is unsuitable due to health protection or hygiene reasons;
(b) products comprising sealed audio or video recordings or computer software, if the product becomes unsealed after delivery;
(c) products which are made to your specifications or clearly personalised; or
(d) products which have become inseparably mixed with other items after delivery.
Fill out 3 copies of the Returns Proforma Invoice that came with your parcel. Please note that these forms are required for customs clearance.
Compliance checks for returned product(s)
Our products must be returned in a new and unused state, in perfect condition, with all protective materials in place and tags and stickers attached to them (if applicable), including all accessories and documents. We reserve our right not to accept any return if the product shows signs of wear, or has been used or altered from its original condition in any way or, as an alternative, may reduce the amount of any applicable refund or exchange accordingly. For example we may make a reduction in the following circumstances:
- the product(s) have been used, worn, damaged or washed;
- the identification tag with the disposable seal is not attached to the product(s), or has not been returned. Please note that identification tag constitutes an integral part of each product; and/or
- you have not returned any packaging which is an integral part of a product (such as a dust bag).
You will be informed if we propose to reduce your refund for this reason. In this instance, you may (as an alternative to us providing you with a reduced refund) choose to have the products sent back to you at your own expense. In the event of the latter, should you refuse this shipment, the Vendor reserves the right to retain both the products and the amount specified for the decreased refund owing to the decrease in value of the returned products.
Refund Times and Procedures
After the Vendor has received the returned products and checked that the products meet all requirements, you will receive an email that the returned products have been accepted. Whatever the form of payment you used (Credit/Debit Card, PayPal, Cash on Delivery), the Vendor will refund you all payments received from you for such cancelled purchase, including standard delivery costs, if any have been paid (but excluding supplementary costs for expedited delivery options, gift wrapping and other additional expenses) within:
(a) where we collect the products from you through our approved courier, fourteen (14) days from when the Vendor was informed of your decision to exercise your right to return the purchased products; or
(b) when you return the products yourself, fourteen (14) calendar days of the day we receive the returned products or, if earlier, proof of postage from you evidencing that you have sent the products back, within such time.
You may be liable for, and we may deduct from any refund due to you, any diminution to the value of the returned products caused by your handling of the products, save to the extent necessary to ascertain the characteristics, functions or nature of the products. Without prejudice to the above, and once the Vendor has checked that the return was carried out in compliance with the above conditions, the time period for refunding the amount you paid for purchasing the returned products depends on the payment type used:
• purchase by Credit/Debit Card: refund time will depend on the Credit Card company’s policies. We would like to assure you, however, that the value date for the credit will coincide with the date of the original payment; therefore you will not suffer any interest loss;
• payment by PayPal (where available): refunds will be credited to your PayPal account and will be visible immediately. Reimbursement time to the credit card associated with your PayPal account depends on the company that issued the card;
• payment made by Cash on Delivery: you will be refunded the amount you paid for the products returned to the Bank account you indicate in the Return Form*; the time needed for refunding depends on the information you provided in your order; normally refunds take place within fourteen (14) calendar days. Please remember it is necessary to have a Bank account in order to receive a refund for cash on delivery orders.
All products sold by the Vendor include an identification tag with a disposable seal. Please try on the products without removing the tag and seal. Returned products without the tag or seal will not be accepted.
As advised by the Vendor, returned products may be shipped by the package delivery company UPS, using the pre-printed label enclosed in the package in which the products were shipped. If you use UPS, the Vendor will be paying the shipping costs and track the package at any time. Please contact UPS (or visit their site: www.ups.com) to organise pick-up. If you decide to use a different shipping courier than the one provided by www.dunhill.com, you will have to pay for the cost of return shipping upfront and you will be responsible in case of loss or damage to the products during transport. For your protection, we recommend that you use a courier service if you choose to return the goods other than via the pre-paid mechanism and approved courier.
*Download and complete the paper return form to exercise your right to return.